As you all know, I’m banana crazy when it comes to Banana Cake! If not, then you’ve got to check out my Refined Sugar Free Banana Bread. It’s absolutely delicious and a perfect all day snack!
I wanted to tackle my first sheet cake and, well, after deliberating over a vanilla funfetti version, remembered the jar of homemade salted caramel sitting in my fridge!
Banana cake, cream cheese frosting and salted caramel- the perfect combination!
Since we’re going to be slathering creamy frosting on top, I swapped the 1 cup sugar for 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 white sugar.
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Follow me on Instagram: @_littlemiracles_ or just click on the Follow Me! button on the top right hand of the page to get an email every time there’s a post!♥
Banana Sheet Cake
Yield: 12-14 servings
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe by Sammer
2-3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup oil
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
224gms cream cheese, room temperature
115gms unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups confectioners’ sugar, plus extra if needed
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a sheet cake pan or jelly roll pan with butter/oil/baking spray. Set aside.
- Mash bananas and keep aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder & soda, cinnamon powder and keep aside.
- In the bowl of a hand/stand, beat eggs until frothy. Add in both sugars and beat till combined. Add oil and mix till it comes together.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and salt and mix until batter has come together.
- Pour into pan and pop into oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake after 15 minutes and remove if a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Prepare cream cheese frosting while cake cools. In the bowk of a hand/stand mixer, whisk cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the 3 cups of sugar, mix on low speed so the sugar does not fly into your face! Add vanilla and beat, increasing speed to high until thick and fluffy. You can add more sugar until you reached the desired consistency.
- Using an offset spatula, spread on cooled cake and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drizzle salted caramel and chopped walnuts over xake before cutting and serving!