So this is the recipe marking the end of Little Miracle’s Break Time event! This is hopefully going to become a yearly occurrence!
You guys made it fun and I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I did!
So, thank you!
How about we end this ten day journey on a healthy note?
I give you: BAKED EGGS!
So, they are a lot more appetizing then they may sound. You can pretty much customise every thing about it according to your tastes- except the eggs, of course!
I find that it is a great post-workout snack. I usually put it together, set the oven to preheat and then head up to my home gym and pop it into the oven just as I finish up.
It just takes 10 minutes or so to bake, according to how you like your yolks.
Great for breakfast too!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Follow me on Instagram: @_littlemiracles_ or just click on the Follow Me! button on the top right hand of the page to get an email every time there’s a post!♥
Cheesy Baked Eggs
Time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Sammer
Yield: 1 serving
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. pizza sauce/pesto
1 small tomato chopped
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 bell pepper chopped- green or red/both
1 sprig spring onion, thinly sliced
Dried basil/oregano/red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Layer a tablespoon of pizza sauce/pesto/tomato sauce at the bottom of a bowl/ small serving dish.
- Top with your choice of vegetables- I used chopped tomatoes and green and red bell peppers.
- Crack eggs over veggies.
- Top with spring onions. You could also add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top- mozzarella, parmesan. If using feta, top after baking.
- Garnish with dried basil, oregano leaves and/or red chili flakes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Depends on how runny you like your yolks. After 10 minutes, just check on your eggs. You could give the dish a little jiggle to see if yolks have set. Remove from oven, grab a spoon and bon appètit.