Back with another recipe that is super easy and actually pretty fun to make!
These quinoa bowls are simply delicious packed with flavor and best of all customised to your taste!
It starts off with a pizza sauce.
Spread it around a bit.
Then comes the quinoa, all fluffy and seasoned.
Once you’ve got about a couple tablespoons of quinoa piled up, sprinkle on some cheese, add your favorite toppings and finish with cheese.
Top with some oregano or dried basil, like I did! Pop it into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. Top with red chili flakes and parmesan.
How easy was that??
Gluten-free. Just packed with protein and fibre from the quinoa, which helps keep you fuller for a longer time. You could add so many different things here- like cooked chicken, sausage, mushrooms, jalapenos or even corn!
I served these when we had friends over the other day, and was I lucky! Hubby’s friend is on a health kick and pretty much polished his off!
If you try out this recipe, please let me know! Tag me on instagram (_littlemiracles_). Feel free to leave a comment below; let me know what you think! I love to hear from you all! Follow me on Instagram: @_littlemiracles_ or just click on the Follow Me! button on the top right hand of the page to get an email every time there’s a post!♥
Individual Quinoa Pizza Bowls
Yield: 4 bowls
Time: 45-50 minutes
Recipe adapted from gimmesomeoven
1/2 cup quinoa, dry
1 cup stock- chicken/vegetable
7-8 tbsp. pizza sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
Preferred pizza toppings
Oregano and dried basil to garnish
Sprinkle of red chili flakes- optional & to taste
- Soak the quinoa according to package instructions. Place into a pot with the stock and let it come to a boil once. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Spray ramekins with vegetable spray or grease with oil.
- Spread about a tablespoon of pizza sauce at the bottom.
- Top with a couple tablespoons of quinoa, 2-3 tablespoons.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top.
- Add toppings.
- Sprinkle more cheeeeeese. Pizza in any form is incomplete without a lot of melty cheese. Sprinkle some oregano and dried basil.
- Pop into the oven and bake until cheese has melted. If you prefer your cheese golden and bubbly, then stick under the broiler for a couple mins.
- Garnish with red chili flakes and parmesan. Serve hot.